~

'But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint' ~ (Isaiah 40:31)

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

' CONTRARIAN TILL I DIE '




A CONTRARIAN is a person with a preference for taking a position opposed to that of the majority view. Contrarian styles of argument have historically been associated with radicalism and DISSENT.
DISSENT is a sentiment or philosophy of non-agreement or opposition to a prevailing idea. The prevailing 'ideas' I am opposed to are: limiting God and only seeing with the 'worlds eyes'.

To be a contrarian, is not for the faint hearted. When our vision is clear, we can boldly walk forward with a contrarian mindset.

Over the years I've allways gravitated towards people that were a bit 'out there'..a bit rebellious, people who didn't conform completely to the status quo, people who thought outside the box...and mostly people/beliveres who loved unconditionally. I read a lot of books as a young woman about famous Christians, who became famous because of their steadfast faith, courage and boldness in their walk. They experienced miracles and acheived great things in God, because they belived more strongly in the power of the spiritual realm than that of the physical.

I had a conversation with a friend the other day, someone fairly new to the Christian faith. I shared a small miracle that I had exerienced and the wonder that it produced in me. His response was, that there was probably a scientific explanation...hmmm..(possibly there was). But I know if I had gone through my life rationalising every miracle I experienced, my faith would be less. A childlike faith is a gift that I don't ever want to lose.

Jesus wants our spiritual vision to be so clear, that we become spiriual contrarians. That even if all those around us, 'don't see', lose hope, have no vision, we must press on, no matter how high the cost, even when others think we're foolish.

A spiritual contrarian will continue to persevere. If the Apostle Paul had not had this certainty of Jesus power and authority, I doubt he could have endured being beaten, whipped, stoned, ship wrecked and imprisoned He was in danger everywhere, on sea, on land and even from his own countrymen (2 Corinthians 11:26). How could he have continued to labour and toil, hunger and thirst, go without sleep?

Lord open our eyes through faith, so that we can know the fullness of your power and love. Help us to never give up, even though this world is full of doubting sketptics. Help those of us who are called, to walk boldy in our calling, even when we don't always feel your prescence at our side and feel we walk alone. Help us to expect miracles and claim them in your name, knowing your mighty power holds this very world in balance.

Our natural pessismism needs to be converted into firce spiritual optimism.

Thankyou for reading - FOTW

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh im loving this blog!!! I think i must be one of these contrarian's also...lol..I dont want to be lukewarm..Gods love and his power are way beyond what we will ever fully grasp!!..And I for one do not want to put him in a box or limit him in any way!! Love you Linda, xoxo :o)

Follower of the WAY said...

Thankyou Debbie for your encouraging words and taking the time to stop by :0) x