~

'But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint' ~ (Isaiah 40:31)

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hunger



Have you ever felt dissatisfied?.. like something was missing?..although there was no real reason to feel this way. Your needs are provided for, you have a good life...but still something niggles away.

I've been feeling this way for several weeks. I thought maybe it was depression, and shared what I was thinking with a few friends.

Finally I have come to the conclusion...that what I belive it to really be, is a holy hunger. A desire for more of God, a deeper indwelling of his spirit, and just wanting to move into a more intimate place with him.

I have a little book I borrowed of a friend, to read about the 'annointing' of God. I plan to go through it meticulously and renounce anything in my life, my past, my thought patterns etc, that could possibly hinder my moving forward in GOD. Confessing fears, inadequacies, doubts and any unbelief in any area of my life. Maybe nothing will change? I suppose thats a possibility...but just maybe something will.


LUKE 11: 9-11
9 “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

11 “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”





'But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul'. Deuteronomy 4:29

'Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long'
(Psalm 25:5)

'My heart says of you, “Seek his face!”
Your face, LORD, I will seek'
(Psalm 27:8)



If God has more to give me..then I want it !!!!

No comments: