~

'But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint' ~ (Isaiah 40:31)

Friday, September 9, 2011

Where is the Love? (2 Masters)



Messages come through to us in a myriad of different ways. I was with some friends last night, and this song was played.I found it refreshing, because its truth. We live in a blinded world, driven by greed, consumerism and materialism. Its everywhere and sadly even within Christendom. If most problems in the world were boiled down to there essence, we would find 'greed'and 'fear' as the root causes.

The bible speaks very clearly about whats important in life and whats not.

Treasures in Heaven
19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
22 “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

On my recent visit to America, I had an experience that has stayed with me. I attended an event, which was pretty much a wash out, torrential rain had been forecast, and it didn't let us down. Many people didn't come because of the weather..and I suppose thats understandable. On one of the nights, when the wind was howling, and the rain bucketing down, some believers had arranged a church service. They gathered in a small group to sing songs to God and give testimony of what he has done in their lives. Initially I wasn't going to attend that little service, because of the terrible weather, and the only shelter from it, consisted of a building with a roof, but no sides. Then the thought came to me 'If my saviour could be born in a smelly old manger for me, then the least I can do is worship him out in the storm, so I donned my coat and went out there.
Well the singing was so beautifull and soft...(drowned out in part from the raging weather), and the sharing was from the heart and genuine. I truly felt the spirit of the Lord there...and I believe the others who stood around that night did too. It felt sort of like a sacred moment, because I knew that no matter what happened in life, believers in the Lord, don't need any props, we don't need buildings, we don't need sound systems, we don't need power pionts..all we need is each other and the word of God. The Spirit is whats important....and if its sweet and honest, then love is there too...and where there is Love, lives are changed and miracles happen. Its not about the money, money, its about the spirit and about Love.

The pastor at the church I attend and his family are very humble people. They have 9 children, 4 of them still live at home. The house they live in is provided by the church and its the most plainest, humblest house you could imagine. It looks like it hasn't been redorated since the 1970's and there are definelty no mod cons and nothing fancy inside it. The dishwasher looks like it came out of the ark...and I think its only fired up for special occasions. They always have people over for meals and they're the happiest looking couple I've ever met. In my opinion they live 'Its not about the money, money'...really and truly...and I find that inspiring in this world today. Its obvious where their treasure lays and where there hearts is.
Be Blessed,
Linda - Follower of the Way

No comments: